Thursday, April 16, 2009

Ommegang Hennepin Saison


It’s bright and alive in your mouth, and with citrus overtones. Yet, this beer is also sweeter than I would have expected – but not in anyway oversweet. IT comes in at 7.7% ABV, but it’s a light bodied beer, so quite good for summer drinking, yet with enough ‘kick’ to be warming in the winter.

A gorgeous golden hue when poured. Quite well carbonated, like sparkling wine on the tongue. A clean finish.

Hennepin was a Belgian missionary who ‘discovered’ the Niagara Falls.

I recommend it, as a very drinkable brew. Complex, but yet not challenging.

I got a growler full of this from The Charleston Beer Exchange

1 comment:

Good Burp said...

I just read an article about Ommegang. I would love to try more of their beers. However, aside from a beerfest, I can;t get it. Bummer.