Monday, May 25, 2009

Brooklyn Local 2

Brooklyn Local 2

Brooklyn Local 2

This was a hard beer to review because I wanted it to be a whole lot more than it was. I even tried this twice on two separate occasions and the results were the same. The Brooklyn Local 1 is a very good beer. The Local 2 is a drinkable beer but nothing to get excited over. It was not very flavorful. Even when it warmed up it didn't bring out anything. A clear dark brown color. Layer of yeasty goodness on the bottom of the bottle from it being 100% fermented in the bottle (like champagne). According to the label it was brewed with honey and citrus peel, though I could not taste or smell either. The body seemed thin. Nice pillowy head that was a little sticky. I was expecting more from Brooklyn Brewery and Local 2 didn't deliver. I may get another bottle and let it age to see if it changes in a year or so. Cheers!

Week 39 - 52 Beers: Brooklyn Local 2

Brooklyn Local 2

Brooklyn Local 2

No comments: