Thursday, November 13, 2008

Oaked Arrogant Bastard

For the last couple of days I have been drawn to Stone's. Here locally, the big beer bars here in Muncie are in a "Most Arrogant Bar" contest. They have Arrogant Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, and Double Arrogant Bastard on tap. I normally drink 2 pints a day at lunch and for the last couple of days I have been loving the Oaked. I am totally a fan of Stone's for the simple reason they have gotten out there on the shelves all over the US. I normally do not purchase their products in bottle but cannot help myself when it comes to draft.
Arrogant Bastard in the stock form is a beer thats want you to know it is there. Always begging for attention, it flicks you in the nose with its trademark bitterness and roughness. In the Oaked form it is very mellow and well-balanced. It is unbelievable that there is so much difference between them. I am a very happy man while Oaked Arrogant Bastard is on draft. When it comes to the regular, I will visit it from time to time. "I am worthy".

No comments: